The New Year brings many to reflect and set resolutions they want to achieve within the year. For me, I tend to make goals that are unattainable and short-lived. This year, I’m making intentions and living it. Setting intentions is basically who you want to be and why. It isn’t something that you can cross off a list, it’s deciding everyday who you want to become. To get started my advice is to sit down once a month and write down your intentions as well as take a few moments of gratitude.
Some questions to help you get started:
- What matters to you?
- When do I feel most happy?
- What is one thing I could work on?
- Who do I idolize and why?
- What is one thing I’d like to try?
- What is one thing I should be doing but don’t?
- What words empower you?
So here are my 10 intentions you can totally use or get ideas from!
- I intend to forgive others and myself
- I intend to practice mindfulness and be present in the moment
- I intend to be healthy
- I intend to recognize what is worth my energy
- I intend to embrace change
- I intend to unplug from social media more often
- I intend to be more patient
- I intend to be more attentive to my relationships with others
- I intend to keep learning
- I intend to celebrate some small victory every single day